Monday, August 11, 2014

The Big Day

Hi Sweet Girl...

Today was a big day for Mommy.  It was a big day for Layne, too.  Today was her first day of preschool.  How significant it was that it just so happened to be your day, too. 

Last week was a week Mommy had been worrying over off and on for the past four years. How would Mommy feel?  How would I get past this event?  Would it be harder than I anticipated or would I be surprised?  Would Mommy just stay so busy so as not to even think about it?  For years I wondered how it would feel. 

Last week your friends started kindergarten.  And last week, believe it or not and to Mommy's surprise, I was ok.  On that day a dear, sweet friend and mom of a former student from when Mommy taught kindergarten left a gorgeous bouquet of my favorite flowers on my desk. Along with a bag full of my favorites, a card was sent to brighten my day. This sweet soul anticipated that this day might be one that Mommy might need some extra TLC. My heart was warmed in such a big way.

Mommy has come to accept that there will be a lot of things along the way that I will just have to wait a little longer to experience.  Whether Mommy has to wait until the day I see you again in heaven or wait until Layne is the age to experience what you didn't get to, Mommy is content.

Today was a good day.  Mommy feels blessed to have had the experience of watching Layne go to school for the first time. Mommy has waited a long time for that kind of experience.  And oh my, how I loved and cherished every part of it.

Love you and miss you my sweet girl..


 


No comments: