Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Big Day

On October 20th Brian and I had our second ultrasound. The first thing the ultrasound technician showed us was the baby's little face. As Brian and I looked in amazement, the baby started to open and close her mouth. Seeing her move like that tickled us both.

















The technician then showed us a lot of the baby's anatomy. We saw the heart and spine, among other things. The baby measured to be about 1 pound in weight and seems to be healthy. It was nice to know the baby was developing as it should.














After completing the screening portion of the ultrasound the technician asked if we wanted to know the sex. Of course we said "YES!". The baby was moving around so much that the technician could hardly catch a glimpse. Finally the technician said, "It looks like we have a girl". Before Brian or I could see for ourselves, the baby moved again. "Are you sure?" is all I thought in my mind. The technician tried again and again to capture a shot. I thought for sure we would be that couple who thought but wasn't 100% about the sex of the baby. Finally I got up the nerve to ask, "How do you know for sure?" After about five more minutes, the proof was in the picture...

No comments: